Adopting a Ragdoll kitten

Hello future Ragdoll owners! If you are interested in adopting one of our kittens please click on the link below to fill out the questionnaire. Our waiting list is competitive and I do not place my kittens on a strictly first come, first serve basis. I have a very limited amount of kittens every year and I really like to get to know my future owners well and choose the families I feel a good connection with. I love to hear from everyone and like to give everyone who wants a Ragdoll kitten from me a chance at adopting one. 

 

I decide on homes for each kitten around 8 weeks of age and I require a $500 deposit on each kitten before marking them as reserved.

I have a very limited amount of kittens every year. Our queens only have one litter of kittens per year. They need ample time to recover and recuperate from pregnancy and nursing kittens. Our kittens are raised in our home and they are NEVER caged! Our cats are our babies and part of our family. The kittens have a beautiful, large 300 sq foot play room that is especially equipped for their comfort and development. It is kept scrupulously clean as sanitary conditions are extremely important in raising healthy kittens. I also spend a lot of time daily playing, holding, cuddling and loving on the kittens. It is the favorite part of my day!

All of my kittens come with:

  • Cat Fancier's Association Registration

  • Vet visits at 3 days, 8 weeks and 12 weeks of age

  • 2 rounds of FCVRP vaccinations administered by our vet (I do not buy vaccines online and self administer) and 2 rounds of de-worming. You will have to take your kitten to a quality veterinarian for their 3rd booster of the FCVRP vaccine and their rabies vaccine at 16 weeks of age.

  • Spayed or neutered. NO EXCEPTIONS! The kittens have their surgeries at 11-12 weeks of age. Depending on maturity, size and healing after surgery of the particular kitten, they can go home between 13 and 14 weeks of age. Boys are usually ready at 13 weeks and girls at 14 weeks.

  • Very well socialized! I handle my kittens daily from birth cuddling, petting and playing with them. This is vitally important in raising floppy, friendly, well adjusted Ragdolls that love to be held by their pet parents

  • One bag of Acana grain free, dry kitten food

 

My kittens come with a 72 hour immediate health guarantee and  1 year genetic defect guarantee. If a genetic defect is discovered and documented and verified by a veterinarian, a replacement kitten will be given if available, or with next available litter. No refunds. RagdolIs are lovers of other animals and do not defend themselves but rather roll on their back and expose their neck and belly in the "surrender" position when they encounter an aggressive animal. Therefore Ragdolls should not be allowed outside and I have a strict no outside and no declaw policy on all my kittens. No FIV/FeLV vaccination shall be given to any of my kittens. These 3 conditions will result in a void health guarantee.

 

If you are flying in to pick up your kitten, there will be an additional $125 fee to cover the extra vet check/well visit, health certificate to fly, rabies vaccine (if your state requires) and my transportation costs.

 

We feed our kittens Acana dry cat food. Acana cat food is a biologically appropriate grain free, dry kitten food and we recommend you keep the kitten on this food once at home. Acana cat food is designed to mirror a cat's evolutionary diet full of raw, fresh meat. Meat makes up 75% of the ingredients from sustainably fished and ethically raised animals on American farms. The remaining 25% of the ingredient list is comprised of whole vegetables, fruits, and botanicals with zero grains. Grains are tough on sensitive Ragdoll stomachs and therefore we choose grain free food. We also use a dust free, crystal litter. We recommend crystal litter for our kittens. Clumping litter is not a good choice for long haired cats as it turns to mud when wet and mats in the hair underneath their feet and long hair around their tail.

My kittens are raised underfoot in our home and socialized from the minute they are born.  They follow me around, sleep on my lap while I answer emails, play around my feet when I cook, play around me while I clean and snuggle with us in bed. They are all adored and loved so dearly and will be missed terribly by us when they go home. We will want updates and pictures on how they grow and settle into their new homes and lives. We are here if you have any questions at any time!


 

© 2023 by Jomayne Buehler